Things are about to get bumpier. We knew this, we expected it, and we’ve planned for it, which is why we are voluntarily quarantining with this “social distancing.” There are some good things out there, quite a bit — the list below is just a tiny, partial list. Whether it’s good deeds or news on vaccines, flattening rates, etc., there isn’t a single day bereft of good.
Let’s focus on something good each day (and make sure to check out this list of quarantine activities and resources.
– Italy unveils plans for ENDING lockdown: Health minister announces ‘phase two’ will involve more testing and continued social distancing – as nation records its lowest daily death toll for two weeks
– As discussed on radio, an interesting story designed as a dig at the admin that actually reveals someone stood up to Dr. Fauci regarding addressing the economics of the situation. Don’t misunderstand me — Fauci’s insight is a valuable requirement, but you simply cannot assess the needs of the country through the medical lens alone, the economic considerations must be included.
– This newscaster wrote a help hotline on her hand for viewers:
For anyone who needs it that number is the National Domestic Abuse helpline 08082000247 https://t.co/EofAeuIwh5
— Victims Commissioner (@VictimsComm) April 6, 2020
– Wuhan coronavirus survivors are donating blood to help those newly infected
– The private sector is reporting for duty — for instance distilleries across the country are making hand sanitizer
– John Krasinski launches a good news network (the delivery driver and toilet paper totally got to me. God love Krasinski for this.)
There is a lot of good stuff out there. Remember that social media tends to intensify the bad stuff. Do your part to intensify the good.