Get some popcorn kids. It’s the Nevada
slap fight debate. Live updates with the most recent at the bottom.
- Warren went for Bloomberg’s throat by quoting his remarks on women:
Elizabeth Warren: I’d like to talk about who we’re running against: A billionaire who calls women fat broads and horse faced lesbians, and no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump, I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.#DemDebate pic.twitter.com/cNhC6yRc4W
— Julio Rosas (@Julio_Rosas11) February 20, 2020
- Bonus: “Fat, horse-faced lesbians“
- Later Warren was given an open invitation to go at Bernie’s throat and she flipped it right around and went right back to attacking Bloomberg.
- Bernie Sanders condemned any hatefulness coming from Bernie Bros. Inc. (Buttigieg calls shenanigans.)
- Warren will NOT PUT HER ARM DOWN, YOU JUST HAD YOUR TURN
- “Post-It notes were invented in my state,” says Klobuchar proudly, a la Romy and Michelle.
- Bloomberg momentarily MIA, maybe he fell off his box.
- Bloomberg says he supported stop and frisk because he believes in giving people a right to live. Now about abortion … Remember: Bloomberg didn’t just support stop and frisk, he turned it to 11 and ran it into the ground. Oh, and he did it for GUN CONTROL.
- Buttigieg says what I told you for weeks now … they’re all the same, just on different timetables.
— Trump War Room – Text WOKE to 88022 (@TrumpWarRoom) February 20, 2020
- Bloomberg says he doesn’t have his homework done because he just got into the race, the others have been “here for years.”
- Warren is doing to Bloomberg tonight what Tulsi Gabbard did to Kamala Harris. She went right for the nondisclosures. The crowd cheers. “Maybe they didn’t like the joke I told,” Bloomberg says in defense.
- Zomg guys:
— The First (@TheFirstonTV) February 20, 2020
- Buttigieg tries to condescend to Klobuchar; she forgot the name of a border country leader. He thinks he’s really got something here; Warren comes in for the assist.
- Bloomberg: “My philanthropic organizations shut a bunch of coal powered plants.”
- Warren wants to invent things that haven’t been invented. Actual quote.
- The “we’re all gonna die in a few years” climate part where the only acceptable answer to stop it is to take all our money and give it to the government.
- Bloomberg wants to rejoin the Paris agreement. Ugh. SO glad Trump exited it.
- None of these candidates will be happy until everything is steam and horse-powered and candle-lit again.
- In his one non-awful moment, Bloomberg says he was the only one to start a business.
- Klobuchar: “I believe in capitalism.” Then says “I believe people in government should be a check on that.” So not totally capitalism.
- Sanders says he, a senator for eleventy thousand years, isn’t responsible for writing the tax code, Bloomberg and his big contributions are responsible.
- Bloomberg finally has a good moment (that he immediately screws up) by telling Bernie he’s the “best known socialist with three houses:”
Aww, snap. Bloomberg's best moment calling out socialist Bernie's three houses. pic.twitter.com/ncKxkQqSUg
— Scott Whitlock (@ScottJW) February 20, 2020
- Sanders only paid a 13% tax rate (less than me, and he’s definitely worth far more) … how? What about “fair share?”
- Warren apparently doesn’t understand that Biden complimenting McConnell was Biden being civil and recognizing you have to work with the opposite party. Good grief, they’re not mortal enemies. I hate this tribalistic garbage.
- Buttigieg accuses Klobuchar of voting to confirm Trump’s pick that “wrote” the child detainment … that was written under Obama. Good grief.
- “I wish everyone was as perfect as you, Pete,” Klobuchar says, and proceeds to take him to school.
- Sanders will still be the frontrunner after tonight but Warren landed the most blows. She may have been down but isn’t out. Klobuchar did fine, Biden was fiery again, Buttigieg seemed petulant, and Bloomberg a disaster with one good moment that he promptly ruined. The end.
More tomorrow on the program!