Michael Bloomberg, who fashions himself a moderate “alternative” in the Democratic primary, officially snuck in as a contender in the latest Quinnipiac Poll in third behind Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden. This is what burning billions of dollars on your own ego will get you. While the poll eliminated doubts on Sanders as the Democrat frontrunner, any American soul who dislikes being disarmed, having everything from trans fats to large drinks banned, and also can do math and not blame all crime on black males (a demo he endorses stopping and frisking), will really dislike this poll.
Let’s look at some of Bloomberg’s “moderate” positions, since this is the banner he’s gunning for in the primary:
- Bloomberg proposed taxing the poor so that they had no discretionary income to spend on anything he defines as unhealthy. He actually said this: “That’s the good thing about them because the problem is in people who don’t have a lot of money. And so higher taxes should have a bigger impact on their behavior and how they deal with themselves.” When countered, Bloomberg defended his stance by saying “Well, we want the poor to live longer so they can get an education and enjoy life.” Nanny knows best. (Bloomberg’s plan includes more taxes than Biden’s.)
- Bloomberg invited himself into labor and delivery rooms by pushing new moms to breastfeed and through his Latch On NYC program, requiring them to explain their private choice to the hospital if they chose (or health resulted in) formula feeding before being given formula (which was kept locked away).
- This is all the stuff Bloomberg banned as mayor, everything from trans fats to an improper ratio of bathrooms in buildings.
- Bloomberg came under fire for describing Cory Booker as “well spoken.”
- His campaign is run by lobbyists.
- Bloomberg was blasted after he replaced the NYC school board, established by the state, with himself.
- He was criticized for his previous sexist remarks about women.
- Bloomberg served as an apologist for Communist China by defending communism as a legitimate and fair representation for people.
- After an average citizen stopped a church shooting in Texas, Bloomberg blasted the act (not the murder, but the law-abiding citizens using his lawfully carried firearm to stop said murderer), saying: “It may be true — I wasn’t there; I don’t know the facts — that somebody in the congregation had their own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people, but it’s the job of law enforcement to have guns and to decide when to shoot. You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place.”
- Bloomberg endorses state surveillance (he loathes the 4th and 2nd Amendments).
- Michael Bloomberg has no idea how to tell a full-auto from a semi-auto, anything about magazines, ammo, or hunting.
Bloomberg is no moderate but he will burn his money on cringe-worthy videos and try to buy popularity through influencers to prove otherwise.